The Jacovides (MSJ) Group of Companies is a trading organization enjoying a leading position and prominent status in the Life Science field in Greece and Cyprus. The group’s origin is traced back to 1944 when it started as a pharmacy business in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Since then it has expanded rapidly in the pharmaceutical field as well as in many other sectors of the Life Science field. Today the Jacovides Group enjoys the reputation of a forward – thinking, progressive organization offering a complete range of products and services to its customers. The Jacovides Group maintains a strong, active presence in the market and contributes to the advancement and improvement of healthcare standards.
The MSJ logo represents the initials of its founder pharmacist Michel S. Jacovides. The snake-shaped symbol ‘’S’’ resembles the symbol of medical science and indicates the business domain of the Group’s origin. The three leaves above the letter symbolize a flourishing and growing organization.
The Group’s activities focus on the importation, marketing, sale, distribution and scientific support of an extensive range of healthcare products in the following sectors: pharmaceuticals and OTC products, medical devices, laboratory equipment and supplies, dental health, consumer health, and animal health and crop protection products.
The MSJ Group employs over 360 people in Greece and Cyprus, mainly university graduates from a multitude of business and science fields. The Group’s personnel is qualified and well-trained, working in a flexible and efficient organizational structure applying modern productivity tools and business practices.
The Group’s headquarters in Cyprus are located at the Jacovides Building, a freehold property owned by the Group, situated in one of Nicosia’s most premier areas. The building is a five story modern office block offering an area of 2200 sq. m. of office space, warehousing facilities and an in-house lecture room, fully equipped for scientific, professional and social functions. Since 2000 the major warehousing facilities for the group in Cyprus have moved to a new 1300 sq. m. warehouse at Latsia industrial area.
In January 1999, the Group’s operations for Greece and the Balkans relocated to newly acquired premises in Athens. The building, covering an area of 3300 sq. m., enhanced the Group’s marketing activities in the region with a state-of-the-art in-house seminar room, a medical library and scientific laboratory facility. It represented an investment of €5m and is located just off Kifissias Avenue, in the prestigious business district of Halandri in the northern outskirts of Athens.
In line with the Group’s commitment to quality healthcare, the companies and the directors of the Group enjoy memberships, and hold key positions, in a number of highly respected international and local professional organizations. Memberships include: American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce; British-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, Greek-Japanese Chamber of Commerce; Hellenic Association of Scientific & Medical Equipment Suppliers (HELLASMES); Hellenic Association of Pharmaceutical Companies (SFEE); Federation of Greek Industries (SEV); Emerging Biopharmaceutical Enterprises (an EFPIA specialized group); Cyprus Association of Pharmaceutical Companies; Cyprus-American Business Association; Cyprus-French Business Association; Cyprus-Indian Business Association.
In 2010, the Jacovides Group received the ‘’2009 Entrepreneurship Overseas Award’’ by the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI), for MSJ Group’s contribution to the advancement of the Cyprus Economy, through its business operations abroad. This Award was presented to the Jacovides Group by the President of Cyprus.